Monday, February 17, 2014

Light to Lighten (#100happydays post 3)

Stacks of books, hundreds of them,
Read, reread, waiting to be read,
I issue two gems, sit on the steps,
Lamp of dreams on the big green wall,
Bougainville twines down the school floors
As I weave the chapters of life, 
In the old library of STS. 

The red and green structure 
Croons in the aspirations and dreams
Welcoming the women power
Well read, well educated, the motto beams
"Light to lighten"

My amazon order which was delivered today, sends me 15 years back, when a dreamy eyed carefree me, used to sit on the steps on my school, St Thomas' (STS), with my favorite books from the school library. 

#100happydays 3 





1 comment:

  1. i rmbr hiding nancy drews in different sections of the library so no one else wud get them the nxt day wen i wud rush in 2 exchange my previous one. even bribing the librarian with the sweetest of smiles so she wud keep safe one of dem 4 me the nxt day.. :D. nostalgia

    ReplyDelete